Coloplast offers pediatric pouches in many different styles and sizes to accommodate the different stages in a child’s life.
Assura pediatric 2-piece featuresa mechanical coupling forextra reassurance
- The pouch is attached securely to the barrier by a mechanical coupling system. An audible ‘click’ confirms that the pouch is locked securely to the barrier.
- Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position to accommodate your body's position (standing, lying down, emptying) without having to remove the pouch from the barrier. The mechanical coupling can also be repositioned to enable easy handling whether you're left- or right-handed.
- The pouch can be removed separately from the spiral adhesive barrier, allowing the pouch to be changed more frequently than the adhesive barrier.
Pediatric baseplates are small, flat, child-friendly in size, and can be combined with pediatric-sized drainable, closed or urostomy pouches. Alternatively, the Assura pediatric baseplate can be used interchangeably with adult-sized 'green" coupling SenSura or Assura pouches for a broad array of pouching solutions.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral structure, for:
- Secure adherence to the skin
- Absorption of moisture from the skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation