Before starting to empty your bladder always gather your supplies as instructed by your doctor or nurse.
- Wash your hands well and dry them.
- Separate the labia and gently clean the area around the urethral opening (use mild soap and water or a disinfectant wipe). Always wash from front to back.
- Open your catheter and prepare it according to the instructions for use supplied by the manufacturer.
- Gently insert the catheter into the urethra until urine starts to flow.
- Once the urine stops running, begin to withdraw the catheter slowly while slightly rotating it.
- Stop briefly each time more urine drains out. Move a little and straighten yourself up to make sure the bladder is completely empty.
- Throw away the catheter after using it (household waste) and wash your hands once more.
Before use, always consult the ‘Instruction For Use’ document delivered with the products.