1. Wash your hands well and dry them.
2. Gently clean the head of the penis and the penis tip (use mild soap and water or a disinfectant wipe). Use a circular motion, starting at the urethra going outwards.
3. Open your catheter and prepare it according to the instructions for use supplied by the manufacturer.
4. Gently insert the catheter into the urethra until urine starts to flow.
5. Once the urine stops running, begin to withdraw the catheter slowly while slightly rotating it. If you are using a curved tip catheter (coudé), do not rotate.
6. Stop briefly each time more urine drains out. Move a little and straighten yourself up to make sure the bladder is completely empty.
7. Throw away the catheter after using it (as household waste) and wash your hands once more.
Before use, always consult the ‘Instruction For Use’ document delivered with the products.
Important Safety Information: SpeediCath® catheters are indicated for use by patients with chronic urine retention and patients with a post void residual volume (PVR) due to neurogenic and non-neurogenic voiding dysfunction. The catheter is inserted into the urethra to reach the bladder allowing urine to drain. There is a separate SpeediCath Compact Set device intended for either males or females only.
SpeediCath catheters are available by prescription only. Patients performing self-catheterization should follow the advice of, and direct questions about use of the product to, their medical professional. Before using the device, carefully read the product labels and information accompanying the device including the instructions for use which contain additional safety information. The SpeediCath catheter is for single-use only; discard it after use. If you experience symptoms of a urinary tract infection, or are unable to pass the catheter into the bladder, contact your healthcare professional. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more, talk to your healthcare provider.
For further information, call Coloplast Corp. at 1-866-226-6362 and/or consult the company website at www.coloplast.us.