SenSura Flex is a two-piece appliance with adhesive coupling, providing the benefits of a one-piece –and a unique combination of security and flexibility.
- The pouch is attached securely to the SenSura double-layer adhesive barrier by a strong adhesive coupling system.
- The adhesive coupling is flexible, allowing freedom of movement and making SenSura Flex comfortable and discreet to wear.
- The pouch can be removed separately from the SenSura double-layer barrier, allowing the pouch to be changed more frequently than the adhesive barrier.
SenSura Flex drainable is available with SenSura (standard wear) and SenSura Xpro (extended wear) adhesive barriers. The full range of barriers includes flat and convex light barriers, available pre-cut (already cut to size) or "cut-to-fit" (meaning they can be cut to achieve a custom fit). The full line includes transparent and opaque pouches, which correspond to the Assura AC and SenSura Flex barriers based on a color-coded coupling system. Thus, a barrier with a "red" coupling size must be matched to a "red" pouch.
SenSura double-layer adhesive, for security and skin care
The unique SenSura adhesive has two layers, designed to deliver the security needed to live every day with confidence:
- Protection layer - protects the skin from stoma output
- Skin care layer - keeps skin healthy by absorbing excess moisture
SenSura Xpro adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is especially suitable for people with a urostomy, which tends to have more aggressive output that can breaks down standard adhesives more quickly.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
SenSura Flex drainable has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- EasiClose™ WIDE outlet - makes it faster and easier to empty and clean
- Integrated Velcro® closure that can be easily tucked away; no need to worry about clips or clamps
- Integrated filter - neutralizes odor and avoids the risk of the pouch "ballooning" and causing unnecessary bulges.
Convex light, for stomas that are difficult to manage
SenSura Flex barriers are available in convex light. The oval shape of the convex light barrier is designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage:for example, a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies light and directed pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude. Ask your ostomy nurse for more information about convex light.