Coloplast may also provide additional privacy notices for certain the collection and use of personal information by our products, programs, and services. These additional privacy notices may have additional terms that will offer you additional information about the processing of your information for those products, programs, and services. For details on any product specific features, notices, or terms please review the terms of that product, program, or service.
By clicking the topics below, you will find more information about the different aspects of Coloplast’s handling of personal information:
Information and Rights for US Residents.
This privacy notice incorporates the requirements of U.S. states and federal laws relating to processing of personal information. There is no supplemental notice for residents of individual states.
To the extent terms in this Notice are defined terms in applicable state laws, the terms shall have the meanings afforded to them in those statutes. As there are variations between different state laws, the definitions applicable to you are those provided in the statute for the state in which you are a consumer.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
- Identifiers such as
- Unique personal identifier (e.g., device ID, online identifier)
- Internet Protocol address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Account name
- Social security number
- Driver’s license number, or
- Other similar identifiers
- Professional and employment-related information such as education, employment, employment history.
- Purchase history and commercial information, including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or commercial histories or tendencies.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Financial information, including credit card numbers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (e.g., browsing history, interaction with our website, etc.).
- Geolocation data.
- Recordings, including audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (e.g., call recordings)
- Sensitive Personal Information such as health diagnosis and conditions, sexual orientation, race, gender, etc.
- Publicly available information made available from government records, from widely distributed media, or by individuals.
- Personal information which has been de-identified or aggregated and where there is no reasonable basis to believe that the remaining information could be used to identify an individual.
- Personal information excluded from regulation by US state privacy laws, including but not limited to:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), uses and disclosures of which would be governed by HIPAA and the Notice of Privacy Practices of a HIPAA Covered Entity.
- Personal information regulated by sector-specific privacy laws, including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (CFIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Other exclusions from personal information under applicable law.
Sensitive personal information
As noted above, Coloplast may collect your sensitive personal data, including your health condition or diagnosis. We will only collect and use your sensitive personal information with your consent. You have the right, at any time, to direct Coloplast to limit its use the sensitive personal information which Coloplast may have collected from you to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably necessary for the purpose or as provided by law.
LIMIT THE USE OF MY SENSITIVE INFORMATION
How is your Information Collected?
Coloplast may collect information about you from different sources, such as:
- Direct interaction with you, such as mail responses, phone calls, online chat, and your attendance at events or meetings, either online or in person.
- When you visit our websites, use our mobile applications, exchange emails with us, use our online forms and services, and engage with us on social media and other platforms.
- Other sources, such as suppliers, hospitals, and healthcare providers that request products for you.
For what Purposes does Coloplast process your personal information?
In the last 12 months, Coloplast has processed personal information from the categories listed above for a variety of purposes, depending on the nature of the relationship we have with you.
- We process information about our customers and potential customers (including end-users and medical professionals) to deliver products, to respond to your requests, to comply with quality and safety requirements, to provide samples or services to the end-users, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services, and promotions, detect and prevent fraudulent activity, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
- We process information about people that have signed up to receive newsletters and other materials to deliver the materials and to maintain and improve our offerings.
- We process your professional employment and education history for recruitment and testing of possible employment candidates.
Disclosures to Third Parties
Coloplast may share your personal information from the categories listed above with third parties for the purpose of carrying out the business of Coloplast. When we share personal information for this business purposes, we require the recipient of the disclosure to only use or further share the information to provide the business purpose, and to not use the information for the recipient’s independent use or purposes, except as needed for the proper management and administration of the third party. We disclose your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Members of the Coloplast corporate group, including parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Business partners.
- Service providers.
- Third parties if Coloplast is involved in an actual or contemplated merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Any other third party with your prior consent.
Additionally, we may share your personal information where permitted or required by law, including sharing information with: law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or other parties to protect ourselves or our employees, to investigate fraud, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
Sales and Sharing of Personal Information
While we do not disclose personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation, we may “sell” or “share” (as defined by applicable laws) personal information to advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks. We sell or share personal information for the purposes of improving and evaluating our advertising campaigns, and to better reach customers and prospective customers with relevant ads and content. We do not share sensitive personal information, without your consent.
The categories of information that we may sell or share for these purposes include identifiers and internet activity.
Website Browsing and online tracking technologies
Coloplast may use third-party tracking, advertising, and content providers, to act on our behalf to track and analyze your usage of our sites. These companies protect that data in accordance with their privacy policies. These third parties may collect and share with us information about visits to our sites, measure, and research the effectiveness of our advertisements, and track page usage and paths followed during visits through our sites. Also, these third-party providers may place our Internet banner advertisements on other sites that you visit, and track use of our Internet banner advertisements and other links from our marketing partners' sites to our sites.
Your Choices to Opt-out of Cookies: For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt out of some cookies as you choose, see Cookie Preferences in the descriptions and links below.
Do Not Track Browser Settings. Some browsers may transmit "Do Not Track" ("DNT") or Global Privacy Control (GPC) signals to the websites you visit. Because there is not common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals, Coloplast currently does not act in response to them.
To "opt-out" of receiving other marketing or promotional communications, such as emails, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the specific communication.
Collection of Data of Children
Coloplast cares about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child's name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of that information.
Data Security and Retention
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. For more information visit page on IT Security please visit https://www.coloplast.com/about-coloplast/compliance/data-privacy-and-security/.
Coloplast has established a retention policy and stores information according to this policy. We store information according to this policy, generally for only the duration for the purpose(s) for which it is used, unless applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period.
Your Rights and Choices to your Data
Residents of any state may issue requests to exercise the rights listed below.
- Right to Access. You may be entitled to request that we disclose to you the specific pieces of your personal data that we have collected about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
- Right to Know. You may have the right to confirm that we have collected personal data about you and know what personal data we have collected about you, including, as applicable, the categories of personal data we have collected, the sources from which we collected that personal data, the business or commercial purposes for which we collected, sold, and shared that personal data, the categories of personal data that we sold, shared, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes and the categories of third parties to whom we sold, shared or disclosed personal data.
- Right to Deletion. You may have the right to request that we delete the personal data that we have collected from you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, in compliance with applicable laws. Please note, however, that we may need or be required to keep such information, such as for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable law.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales or Sharing of Personal Information. You may have the right to opt out of sales of your personal data to third parties, where we disclose personal data to other entities for valuable consideration. You may opt-out of the sale of personal information by unchecking the marketing box in the cookie settings link below or though this link.
DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising. You may have the right to opt out of our processing of personal data for certain targeted advertising.
- Right to limit use of Sensitive Personal information. You may have the right to limit the use of disclosure of sensitive personal information.
LIMIT THE USE OF MY SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- Right to Opt-Out of Profiling. You may have the right to opt out of certain processing that has legal or similarly significant effects on you.
- Right to Correct. You may have the right to request that we correct personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You may have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise the rights conferred to you by applicable privacy law.
How to submit a request regarding your personal information
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf (your Authorized Agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We cannot respond to a request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm that you are acting as an Authorized Agent. To make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you, the request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request.
- Identify whether you prefer to receive written responses from us by U.S. mail or email, and provide your mailing or email address, respectively.
We will only use the personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity to make the request, and to respond to your request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Responding to a consumer request
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by email unless another method is requested or required.
The response we provide may also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Coloplast collects and uses your information, your rights and choices regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: (800) 533-0464
Attn: Privacy Officer
1601 West River Road
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Changes to this privacy notice
Coloplast reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our website, www.Coloplast.us, and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our website, mobile applications, products, and services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Last updated: July 1, 2023