Your rights and choices
California law provides Consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights under California law and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access – Your right to request access to your personal information
You have the right to request that Coloplast disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you, as applicable, the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed to third parties
- The categories of third parties with whom we disclosed that personal information
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Request Deletion – Your right to request deletion of your personal information
You have the right to request that Coloplast delete your personal information that we have collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, and direct our service providers to delete your personal information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
How to submit a request regarding your personal information
To exercise the personal information rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (Authorized Agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We cannot respond to a request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm your Authorized Agent. To make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you, the request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request
- Identify whether you prefer to receive written responses from us by U.S. mail or e-mail, and provide your mailing or email address, respectively.
We will only use the personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity to make the request, and to respond to your request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.